A Cure for Sinus Problems?

I have had sinus issues on one side since I was on a plane from Colorado years ago. We both got infections that lasted for years. Having a compromised immune system, mine didn't go away. I ended up with surgery and discovered I had Aspergillus. A common sinus fungus that causes inflammation. It was one little white button no bigger than 3mm causing all of that trouble. My sinus was clear for 6 months and got completely blocked again. What a disappointment.

I discovered this method online and decided to try it. No cost, just household items, but the key is how you hold your head. Within 4 days of trying this method, my sinus was clear. No more waking up in the middle of the night with a stuffed nose. No more sniffling or blowing my nose. What a relief.

It WORKED! I started this post a year ago and waited to publish it to see if this method was lasting. I only did this for a short while and on and off if I got stuffy. My sinuses are still clear! 

I am not a doc, nor can I recommend this to anyone else, but if you think you may have a fungal or bacterial infection, this might be worth a try. I have to say, always check with your doctor first.

I got this from Curezone.com, which is an alternative med help site. It's one of the remedies that actually work!

Here's an excerpt and instructions from the article:

I've flooded my Nasal Passages about 70 times over the past five years. The result-------- I have not had to use antibiotics in the past five years. Every time I feel like my Nasal Passages might be infecting, I flood them with peroxide. The flooding, including prep, takes 15 to 20 minutes.

How I prepare a Sinus flooding to prevent re-infection

I buy a plastic 3 oz saline nasal spray for about $3. To empty, and fill again, I take the top of the sprayer between my thumb and my forefinger and firmly bend the top to the side. This lifts an edge a little bit so I can get my thumb’s fingernail underneath the lip, and twist the top off, and empty it.

I then fill up the empty saline nasal sprayer with a pinch of baking soda, a pinch of salt, and one part ‘common store bought’ 3% hydrogen peroxide and ten parts filtered water. I never exceed one part peroxide, to ten parts water! Peroxide is VERY irritating to nasal membranes. VERY! I then jam the head back down on the nasal sprayer, and make sure it fits well.

Mixture:

    * 3% Hydrogen peroxide: One part.
    * Baking soda: One or two pinches.
    * Kosher salt or sea salt: One pinch.

      I buy a cheap, salt and pepper set. I use a drill to widen the holes in the tops, and I use them to add the baking soda and kosher salt to the mixture.
    * Filtered water: Ten to forty times as much water as peroxide.

Hydrogen peroxide is VERY IRRITATING to the Nasal Passages, so I am VERY CAREFUL with how much peroxide I use. When I first started experimenting with the Nasal flooding, I used more than one part 3% peroxide, to ten parts water, and it really stung my Nasal Passages and made my Nasal Passages close up for several days. So I never use more than one part of peroxide to ten parts of water. NEVER!

The stinging of the peroxide seems to be worse for women. For those with sensitive Nasal areas, or those who want to start out with a milder solution, you might consider one part 3% peroxide to 40 parts water, and then increase the amount of peroxide, on subsequent floodings, as tolerated. Most of the feedback I've received from women said that one part peroxide to twenty parts water is much too strong and painful.

The Sinus Flooding process:

    * I place a towel and a tissue nearby and then stand over my sink and point my forehead down into my sink.
    * I forcefully spray the mixture into each nostril to force the antiseptic mixture around any swollen turbinates or polyps.

      After my Nasal Passages fill up, additional spraying may cause the mixture to come out the other nostril.

      I make sure that the container tip is firmly implanted in my nose so that it's difficult for the liquid to come back out of that nostril.
    * If it stings, I wait for the stinging to subside and then repeat the forceful spraying, into each nostril, until the sprayer is empty.
    * I keep my head down for a few minutes to let the mixture seep into all areas.

      A lot of the mixture can foam out of my nostrils, down my forehead, and into the sink. A little messy. I keep my eyes closed so that it doesn't drain into my eyes.
    * I lift and tilt my head upwards, while it's over the sink, and let my nose drain.

      The discharge can look pretty bloody, foamy and nasty. Since my nasal membranes have healed, there is much less foam and NO blood.
    * I then stand up and use the tissue to clean my forehead of foam and discharge.
    * I don't blow my nose for a few minutes.

      This allows the mixture a little longer to do its job with my head in an upright position.

How I Protect My Eustachian Tubes And Middle Ear From Damage

This type of Sinus irrigation seems to be safe for me. In over 70 ‘upside down Sinus floodings’, I have not gotten any of the mixture in my Eustachian Tubes or Middle Ears. If I would try it in any other position, like on my back, I would be nervous about the mixture getting into my Eustachian Tubes. Here's why:

    * The Eustachian Tubes are on both sides of the throat, near the back of the throat.
    * They are somewhat across from the nostrils.
    * The Eustachian Tubes lead directly to the middle ear.
    * If I do a flooding incorrectly, by lying on my back, and then flood my nasal passages with peroxide, there would be a possibility that the opening to the Eustachian Tubes would be covered by the peroxide.
    * Any cough, swallowing, yawn or chewing action could open the Eustachian Tube and allow liquid to flow in, not only clogging up the tubes but possibly allowing liquid to flow into the middle ear, either which would cause all kinds of problems!

Someone posted that he tried the Sinus flooding on his back, in order to get the mixture deeper into other areas of his sinuses, and now has to deal with liquid in his Eustachian Tubes and middle ears. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

In order to avoid the possibility of the peroxide mixture going into my Eustachian Tubes, and then possibly into my Middle Ears, I avoid breathing through my nose while my nasal passages are filled with liquid.
______________________

I hope this will help someone else as it has me. I'm so grateful! This has accomplished what 2 surgeries could not.


Comments

Popular Posts