The Many Faces of Spring!




















Spring is in the air and we've made some progress on our garden. Most everything is in earth boxes because the ground is unpredictable living near the water. It can become very soggy and the veggies can easily contract fungus and die. This has been a tried and true method for us for a few years now. Some of the boxes are homemade and some are standard earth boxes.You can save yourselves a lot of money if you can make your own.

We can't plant until after May15th and our plants are ready to go.


A few flowers have popped up and one of my favorites is the money plant. It pops up in the most surprising places each year. This one seed managed to find its way between the pavement and the wood-stack. Some already have 'coins' on them. I think we're about 2.5 weeks ahead of schedule.









Below is a close up of the flowers and they are a brilliant pink to purple.



We've also picked asparagus for the first time this year. Had a few meals with it already. If you've never tried purple asparagus, don't miss out if it comes to a supermarket near you. It's wonderful!


I hope you have a GREAT Spring!

Comments

  1. Good eating coming your way ;) My garden is full of baby onions and lettuce I let go to seed so it would scatter and reseed. I'm only going to plant tomatoes this year, I love fresh tomatoes. Look forward to seeing you garden in fruit and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria, I love surprise plants popping up here and there. We are basically only doing cukes and tomatoes because the cabbage worms were terrible last year. Giving all the cruciferous veggies a rest. I'll miss the brussels sprouts as it's difficult to find those organic. Happy Gardening!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts