Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired?

Are you one of those people that seem to get a cold once or twice a year? I have to tell you, this happened to me all the time. It was pure agony. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. What to do?

I had to find a solution. I started going to a naturopath instead of relying on antibiotics which the MD always handed out, which didn't seem to help anymore.

She had a suggestion that actually worked. It was simple. Don't eat sugar or sweets. What? She went on to tell me that sugar compromises your immune system for 4-6 hours after you eat it. Which means, if you're around someone that has a cold 4-6 hours after eating sugar, there's a good chance you'll catch it. Notice how the kids start getting sick after Halloween? No, it isn't the cold. Our bodies were made to withstand cold weather. It's the sugar. They also get sick in the spring which include some other sugar feasting holidays like Valentine's Day and Easter.

And what does bacteria thrive in? Sugar! What do they test for strep in petri dishes? A form of, you guessed it, sugar (Agar). So what do you think happens in your throat when you eat sugar? WOW, bacteria bloom! And what's in cough medicines and cough drops? Sugar. Which is why they never worked for me.

There was a cursory study done with how long bacteria will thrive in sugar in petri dishes. They can live and thrive for up to 4 to 6 hours. Although this is not a 'scientific study' by today's means, it was a study nonetheless. It was enough for me to try not eating sugar when around sick people because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. And it worked! I know the sugar lobby would rail about how silly this is if this caught on, but it's so easy to give it a try to see if it works for yourself. Now I hardly eat sugar at all, and I can even tell when lettuce is 'sweet'. My taste buds have returned and my colds are virtually gone. I either don't get them, or when I do, they only last a few, tolerable days.

All I can say is, if you, too, are 'sick and tired' of being 'sick and tired', try giving up sugar for a while, or at least when you're around sick people 6 hrs before and 6 hrs afterward.

I want to be able to go out and wear the jewelry I design and create so I don't want any colds getting in the way!

To coin a term from the alcohol beverage industry with a new twist, 'Eat sweets responsibly', and enjoy a healthier life!

Comments

  1. Great post & you even did the illustration! You are an artistic multitasker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx! It's because I don't have a BC to look after. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts