Vegetable Juicer Comparisons

I am going to post about vegetable juicers today because I had difficult finding out which juicer to get to fit my needs. I'm going to mention the ones that I've tried and know about personally in hopes you can get an idea of what will work for you.

•If you get a juicer that is difficult to use, you're not going to use it.
•If you get a juicer that is difficult to clean, you're not going to use it.
•If you get a juicer that leaves a lot of moisture in the juiced veggies, you're     wasting your money.

We juice twice a day, everyday. Organic food only, especially if you're doing it for health reasons. We used to juice 3 times a day, but it got to be too time consuming. I've tried a wide variety of juicers, from Juiceman to the Norwalk Juicer. I finally ended up with a used Norwalk Juicer. Because of the high cost, I bought a used one. Good, used ones are not that easy to find. It's all stainless steel and will last a lifetime. But you don't have to get the top of the line to get health benefits from juicing.


The Juiceman wasn't bad, but it didn't stand up to the juicing we were doing. This is good for a beginner because it's inexpensive. ($50-$90)

I looked at the Jack LaLanne juicer and the construction was cheap, although it had a large hopper. This is a good one for a beginner because it's inexpensive.

The Champion ($225) was cumbersome to use, clean and is very heavy. I used it for
about 2 weeks. So much for that one.

Then we got a bottom of the line Breville. ($150) It had a large hopper and was easy to clean. But it didn't keep up to our demands. (Good for a beginner, better than the Juiceman and Jack LaLanne) Then we bought a top of the line Breville. It was excellent. ($250 There is a more expensive one now, but I haven't tried it) They are tall, so make sure you have enough counter space. Then we heard about the Norwalk Juicer online and did some investigating.


It's mostly used commercially by the Gerson Institute which is a non-profit organization dedicated to non-toxic treatment of cancer and other diseases. There is a lot of information regarding Gerson Therapy if you'd like to dig more. I don't have cancer, but I have some other issues and I like to keep active and juicing makes me feel healthy. I will always juice. The pulp is completely dry and you get every bit of juice from the vegetable out of it. I found it was cheaper in the long run because you wasted less vegetables. About half goes into the hopper of the centrifugal juicers as does with the Norwalk. ($2400 new $1200 used)


Aside: (I personally believe that we get cancer for several different reasons. If a person gets cancer caused by an unhealthy diet or pesticides on their food, they will respond well to a protocol of healthy foods. But if it's from other reasons like stress, a good diet will help, but it's probably not going to be a cure. A person has to use their head on when and how far to go with chemical medicine or alternative medicine in all cases) I digress……


The Norwalk Juicer is a press juicer and not centrifugal. Gerson claimed that the Norwalk Juicer was expensive so he bought cheaper, centrifugal juicers. He noticed that his patients weren't improving as before, so he went back to the press juicer. It had something to do with the ions & the circulating pattern, but I don't recall. It's in his book.


Which body do you want? I'll take the one on the right. LOL! I don't think juicing will do this to you, but it can't hurt.

So there are many options for juicing and staying healthy by having more vegetables if you're so inclined. I give the Norwalk Juicer 5 stars! But you don't need to go that far if you want to juice. Start out simple and see if you're going to do it. Happy Juicing!

Comments

  1. Good to know. I find our juicer (a very inexpensive model) is TERRIBLE to clean. It makes me not even want to use it knowing how long it'll take to clean! At this point we only use ours once a month for our liver flushes, and trust me that's enough!! I agree with you about cancer, I believe it is treatable and avoidable with the info we already possess. It would involve enormous life changes for most people though, and I think most would rather take their chances! ;) Have you ever read The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush by Andreas Moritz? If not, you may be interested. (He also wrote another on cancer and illness in general.)Since embarking on this journey (of flushes) my health issues have disappeared. Every single one. Another great post, interesting and informative ~ thanks! :) I watched a movie about the Gerson Institute not long ago... I'll have to try and remember the title, it was excellent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SS,
    I am so glad to hear how well you take care of yourself. Not many people do. I do liver flushes often, only I use Hulda Clark's protocol. But either way, they're wonderful to do. I'll check into Moritx. Always interested in new information.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great explanation, thanks for the posting!
    Very good! I think that you have done a great job! FANTASTIC!!!!


    Juicers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts