My New Pride and Joy

First, I want to thank CreatedSensibilities for featuring me in her wonderful Blog. Thank you! http://bit.ly/fk5nws

Second, I just bought an anvil and I'm tickled pink! How can I be tickled pink over an anvil you say? It's so easy. For me, it doesn't take much. For the kinds of items I've been making, it's perfect! I can hammer the heck out of anything now! It's a used one, of course. It's seen a lot of horse shoes as I bought it from a farrier. New ones are quite expensive & heavy to ship. This one is about 55lbs. I thought some of you might want to see what I had to do to make it the way I wanted it to be.  The nose of it was much too blunt and I needed to put more of a point on it. So I grabbed the grinder and started to grind. My wonderful husband, thinking this was most amusing, snapped this shot. What can I say. "Thanks dahlin'. Just wait."
Then he got me a log to set it on, but it was a wee bit too slim and tall to hold the weight, so he put a grand base on it. It will never topple over. It's got 4 x 6's as a 'tripod'.

I need it to make the spiral pins in the Calder style that I so admire. For that, it is perfect! The fun's over and now it time to start hammering! Earplugs are a must!
Brass Calder Brooch With A Sterling Silver Pin featured in Vicki Diane's
'Meet the Artist Treasury'
http://etsy.me/hee4jS

Comments

  1. To each her own! ;) Happy, happy hammering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the anvil! Mine's on an 18 inch piece of 9"x9" beam. It's a great base for hammering. I've had it for 15 years or so. Enjoy it!

    Lois
    http://www.artfire.com/users/SerendipDesignsJewelry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a cool thing to do - enjoy ...

    I think the spiral pin is really great.

    Wolf

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts