How Do You 'Catch' a Cold?

Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired? Sugar & Sweets may be the culprits. They can compromise your immune system so that you are predisposed to catch bugs from people. I was told this by my Naturopath, who I can't thank enough for helping keep me healthy.

This is from my own observation, and from others I've told about it as well that tried it with their kids and themselves. There are only minor studies done regarding this, but the end results of them seem to work.

I used to get whoppers of colds that would last anywhere from 1 to 8 weeks twice a year. It was horrible. I'd be hacking away every night keeping everyone awake, including myself and forever taking antibiotics. Want to know how I ended this cycle? I'm getting there....

Have you noticed that people only get sick in the winter and spring for the most part? Don't you think our bodies were made to withstand the cold? Are we flawed? NO! This has been proven and you can find the data if you look. Notice when people get sick. It's after Halloween and the colds seem to end after Easter. Why? What happens in-between? Sugar. We eat sugar, and lots of it. Valentine's Day is no exception. No other holiday can match sugar consumption like the winter/spring holidays. And what does bacteria thrive in? Sugar! What do they test for strep in petri dishes? A form of, you guessed it, sugar (Agar). So what do you think happens in your throat when you eat sugar? WOW, bacteria bloom!

There was a cursory study done with how long bacteria will thrive in sugar in petri dishes. They can live and thrive for up to 4 to 6 hours. Although this is not a 'scientific study' by today's means, it was a study nonetheless. It was enough for me to try not eating sugar when around sick people because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. And it worked! I know the sugar lobby would rail about how silly this is if this caught on, but it's so easy to give it a try to see if it works for yourself. Now I hardly eat sugar at all, and I can even tell when lettuce is 'sweet'. My taste buds have returned and my colds are virtually gone. I either don't get them, or when I do, they only last a few, tolerable days.

All I can say is, if you, too are 'sick and tired' of being 'sick and tired', try giving up sugar for a while, or at least when you're around sick people 6 hrs before and 6 hrs afterward.

To coin a term from the alcohol beverage industry with a new twist, 'Eat sweets responsibly', and enjoy a healthier life!

Comments

  1. Very interesting post! I'm getting over a cold now, that I got right after my birthday...when I at a lot of cake... Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Found you through the blog thread in the AF forums :)

    Awww, Can I at least eat chocolate? :) Great article, thank you so much for sharing your findings! :) ~Love, mv

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would the world be without chocolate!!!???!!
    Just not around sick people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting post! My mom eats a lot of candy and always has several colds during winter months that last for weeks on end...I got to send her a message to read this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts